Spring is joyful! For some. Although spring can bring warmer weather, with that weather comes increased exposure to mold spores. Mold creates histamines that can leave you feeling snotty and fatigued. So what are the signs of a possible mold problem that should you be looking for in your home? How does EMF make your mold exposure totally unmanageable?

A common type of mold is toxic black mold which is frequently associated with poor indoor air quality. Most people think that mold is only an issue if you can see it. This is not true! Most mold is actually not even visible and may not give off an odor. So, it is important to stay as proactive as possible. It may sound simple but adding a fan can help a lot in rooms with poor air flow! This type of mold is most commonly found in bathrooms (think hot, steamy showers with a lot of moisture build up). Mold can also occur in any place due to indoor moisture, flooding and leaky roofs.

Have you noticed any mold in your home?

So you might be sitting there thinking:”I know I have some of that black stuff on my walls.” Not to fear! There are some easy home remedies that you can make with commonly found household items. For smaller instances of mold, HOCL, borax, lemons, baking soda, and vinegar are all easily accessible and will help safely remove mold build up in your home. Simply spray the mixture on the affected area, let it sit for thirty minutes, and then wash with water and dry afterwards. Voila! You’ll see that icky black stuff disappear like magic.

 

In addition, there are a few things you can do on a regular basis to stop mold accumulating in your home:

  • Make sure there is no moisture buildup in your bathroom or similar susceptible areas. Mold is everywhere! It can be lurking all over. Open a window when you take a shower and let some of that warm spring air come in and dry any moisture that may occur.
  • Regularly inspect your bathroom and kitchen tile grout for mold. The spores can get in to the smallest of spaces. So, make sure you keep an eye out for places like tile grout where it might be building up!
  • Wipe the first signs of mold with the materials listed above.  Wipe early and wipe often to keep your home mold free!
  • If still in doubt, consult a mold expert who can come and do a thorough check of your home. Sometimes you need to call in the experts. Definitely make sure you do this sooner rather than later so as not to let the problem escalate.

Be Proactive

It is extremely important to be proactive with mold prevention in your home, particularly if your home is susceptible to electromagnetic field exposure. Recent studies have shown that mold reproduces at a rate of up to six hundred times faster in an EMF environment. Not only did the mold reproduce at that alarming rate, the mold that was produced in an EMF environment was producing significantly more virulent and poisonous mycotoxins. Unfortunately, this type of insane growth is incredibly dangerous and could have a devastating impact on your immune system if not handled correctly. For example, toxic mold can ruin your mitochondria. Long term exposure has been shown to increase the risks of cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.

In short, Toxic Mold is no joke. Enjoying the lovely weather outside this spring! Remember to make sure you are handling any incidents of toxic mold that may occur inside your home quickly. Make it a part of your spring cleaning routine, Check for mold build up as you work your way through your home. You will be well on your way to enjoying a happier and safer spring season!